La Piña Azul
"Please treat yourself to a class at
La Pina Azul Escuela de Cocina.
You will leave fed body, mind, and spirit."
La Piña Azul Escuela de Cocina
Colonia San Antonio
Orizaba 39 A
San Miguel de Allende, Gto. Mexico
Mexican cellular: 415-101-4155
US MagicJack: 312-602-9650
Booking Cooking Classes at La Piña Azul
with Kirsten West
Here's what you need to know!
1) Please book your class a minimum of 1 week in advance. Classes are not suited for children younger than 16.
2) Class Size will be a minimum of 4 people and maximum of 9 people.
3) Cost: USD $95 or Mexican Peso equivalent per participant.
Please find your peso exchange rate at the website below:
4) Payments and Cancellations:: Your reservation in these limited space classes is only confirmed upon receipt of payment for the class. Best option is to pay immediately after I confirm your class.
PLEASE NOTE ON YOUR PAYMENT THE FULL NAME OF ALL PARTICIPANTS.
All classes must be paid no later than 2 weeks in advance. However, there is a 2 week cancellation policy for a 100% refund. Less than 2 weeks notice or no show, no refund and I will attempt to place you in another upcoming class if possible.
Please pay by PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org) as friends and family, no fee.
If you are in San Miguel de Allende and want to pay cash, please email me to arrange a meeting with me. No credit cards, please.
5) Class Times: Class begins at l0am and usually finishes no later than 2pm.
6) During the class, a generous lunch will be provided from the foods prepared in our class.
7) Recipe Booklet: You will be provided with a recipe booklet to take notes. Most of the class will be demonstration, however, there will always be surprise "hands-on" activities.
8) Menu: Focus will be on introducing you to the use of Mexican ingredients, which are available outside of Mexico. Only basic cooking skills are needed.
9) Beverages: Traditional Mexican non-alcoholic flavored waters are served. You always have the option to bring your own wine or beer.
10) Address: 39A Orizaba, blue two-story house on the right or north side of street. Cross streets are Refugio and Sabina. Note, house numbers are NOT in sequence.
11) FOR QUESTIONS: Please use the two options below as I reply quickly to your needs.
Email me: Kirstenwest@mac.com
Thank you for your interest.
We will be cooking together soon!
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
I've been to several cooking classes both in the US and abroad, and this was the best. Kirsten West is amazing, first of all. She goes way beyond demonstrating recipes, and teaches students about the history of indigenous foods and peoples and how to incorporate those ingredients into your cooking in a delicious, creative and healthy way. Eating all the dishes was amazing. We were stuffed with the best meal we had in San Miguel - and we had some great meals!
— S.Haigh, Trip Advisor May 2017